Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What? We were supposed to plan?

So, it has finally started to hit me that Paris is soon (we leave in 5 days!). Chase has pretty much been keeping me on top of the whole planning thing, which is unusual because I am a planner at heart. I think that I just haven't fully realized that I will soon be in a far away country and should be freaking out right now. Even as I type this it doesn't fully hit me.

Chase, as I said, has been keeping me on top of planning, as he and I are traveling for two weeks after the EBS program has ended. Last week we went to CSU to visit STA to buy our EuroRail passes. Sitting there purchasing them, having the girls behind the counter tell us how amazing it is going to be, I felt a sting of excitement. However, the realization of Finals and all I have to do here before leaving quickly overtook what excitement I felt. This weekend, Chase again, took me along to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy some proper footwear for our travels. I've been told by a friend who is currently studying in France that the Europeans do not take kindly to tennis shoes (she claims she has gotten some glares when she's running in her tennies). So, both in fear of getting beat up, we bought some comfy hiking shoes. The little preparation I have done is breaking in the said shoes so they'll be more comfortable when I'm in them over there.

Other than making some purchases aside from these (shampoo, etc.) I have done very little else to prepare. I know I need to pack soon, but finals have been taking center stage. I know by Friday I will be fully freaking out and will stay up late to pack everything into my suitcases (at least I hope so). I pray that I will not be up all Saturday night doing this instead (though that might be a good idea, it would ensure a good sleep on the flight). 

The flight is something I am worried about. I had never flown in an airplane until my Freshman year of college. The only plane I've been a passenger on is a dinky little propeller plane that flies from DIA to Williston, North Dakota when I go home to visit. This flight lasts all of 2 hours, so we'll see how I am on a plane for a much longer period of time. My hope is that I sleep the entire way there (though it is sure not to happen).

No comments: